Sunday, January 2, 2011

Abarim Publications a resource for San José State University

A few years ago, the venerable San José State University in California decided to absorb some of my material into their curriculum, namely my article on the meaning of the Hebrew alphabet, to serve as a resource for their Jewish Mysticism, Magic & Folklore program. Very flattering of course, but when I discovered it I heavily copyrighted my stuff with the US Library of Congress.

One would have expected this University to kindly ask the author for the rights to use his material (people ask me that all the time and I usually grant all rights) but nope, not an email, not a phone call, not the smallest honorary doctorate.

Brass as I was back then, I sent them a CEASE AND DISIST letter, to no avail, which probably means that their Justice faculty has Scripture Theorists like me for breakfast.

O well, appreciative of acknowledgement of any kind, I’ve decided to find it charming.


Their version: http://www.sjsu.edu/people/mira.amiras/courses/c3/ (See course documents; Meaning of the Letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment